Paul CoppingChief Innovation Officer
11:00 AM International keynote: The case for autonomous and connected vehicles – will you be system-ready?
- Is your ITS ecosystem flexible and scalable to accommodate autonomous and connected vehicles?
- Are we all talking the same language? Overcoming data issues to achieve the full potential of a connected environment
12:00 PM Open floor discussion: Transforming cities – what are the biggest opportunities and needs for smart city mobility and transport for businesses, cities and citizens? Participants will discuss the following areas of transformation:
- Seamless travel: Achieving seamless travel through consistent customer service focused on a range of operations and services
- Connected Travellers: Leveraging the connected traveller environment through deployed technologies and devices to both send and retrieve real-time information
- Efficient Journeys: Providing each and every traveller a consistently convenient, reliable, and efficient journey from their origin to destination, across multiple modes of travel
- Enhanced Multi-Modal Transportation Planning: Placing a system or network of systems to collect and process all available transport data for research and planning use
- People Safety: Gearing new developments and technologies towards safety priorities in order to promote happiness and well-being for travellers
- The technology – the technology is there but how far can it be taken - What is realistic and what is still to futuristic?- Connecting the public and private space?
- Adoption models – especially in light of Dubai’s target of 25% of journey by 2030 - What modes – i.e. do these include the metro (and, if so, is the 25% target ambitious enough?)- What use cases?- How ready is the transport network infrastructure?- Full or partial autonomy?- Timeframe?
- Safety – especially in light of recent accidents involving autonomous vehicles - What’s the safety dividend from the move to autonomous vehicles?- Where will it come from?- How quickly can this be achieved?- What, if any, are the new safety risks – and how to mitigate?
- User acceptance and legalities – in light of the push from government
and the readiness of the technology - How ready is the public to accept these new forms of transport?- What are the regional barriers to adopting and autonomous and multi-modal transport network?